Minor Burn Treatment
Minor burns or first degree burns are very common and frequently occur at home. This is how to treat them.
- Wear gloves to protect yourself and the patient from disease transmission.
- Flush or soak the burn in cool water for 20 minutes. If possible, remove any jewelry, watches, belts, or constricting items from the injured area before it begins to swell.
- Do not apply ice, toothpaste, butter…
- You can apply aloe vera gel or special burn gel if you have.
- Cover area with a sterile (non-adherent) dressing and bandage loosely.
- Check the burn daily for signs of infection – redness, tenderness, or presence of pus (yellowish or greenish fluid at the wound site).
Join us and Get First Aid CPR AED Certified
If you wanna learn how to respond to burn amongst many other medical emergencies, you are welcome to join our American Heart Association® First Aid CPR AED course at our academy in Silom Bangkok. You will receive an international certification that is valid for 2 years. For more information about this course please click here or call us at 02-130-7074 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.