AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION PEDIATRIC FIRST AID TRAINING / INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE
Our American Heart Association Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course teaches participants how to provide basic life support to a child or an infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives, and how they differ from adults.
This First Aid / basic life support course is delivered to individuals in a blended learning format that combines online educational materials (e-Learning) with a hands-on training session in the classroom.
Students who complete this American Heart Association Pediatric CPR and First Aid training will receive an international certification valid for 2 years.
HOW DOES THIS PEDIATRIC CPR FIRST AID COURSE WORK?
BLENDED LEARNING FORMAT - FIRST AID COURSE FOR NEW PARENTS AND TEACHERS
In the blended format, students complete the online portion of the course (e-Learning) at home before attending a hands-on skills session in the classroom conducted by our American Heart Association instructor.
- Click on the Book Now button
- Select the date of your face-to-face hands-on session in the calendar and checkout
- You will receive your login details to start the online course portion on the American Heart Association's E-Learning platform.
- Complete the online portion of the course at your own pace and location before attending the class.
- Complete the hands-on skills session in the classroom with our American Heart Association instructor.
- Get your international certificate
COURSE OUTLINE - PEDIATRIC CPR AND FIRST AID TRAINING
- Course duration:
- 4 hours of online training (eLearning pediatric first aid) +
- 3 hours of face-to-face training
- Language: English
- Face-to-face training location: our venue/academy
- Schedules: Every Thursday from 16:00 pm to 19:00 pm
- Certification: International certificate valid for 2 years
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Intended for individuals with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory or other requirements.
- Childcare workers,
- Foster care workers,
- Camp counselors,
- Youth organizations,
- Coaches for children’s sports organizations,
- Other responsible for children include parents, grandparents, babysitters, and guardians.
- This course can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
- First Aid course for new parents
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- First Aid basics
- Duties, roles, and responsibilities of First Aid Rescuers.
- Assess the scene
- Phone for help
- Take universal precautions
- Find the problem
- Protect the person’s privacy
- Sample First Aid Kit
- How to prevent Illnesses and Injury for a child and infant
- Medical emergencies
- Cardiac arrest: CPR AED use for Adults, Children, and Infants
- Heart Attack
- Choking for Adults, Children, and Infants
- Breathing Problems and asthma
- Allergic reactions
- Diabetes and low blood sugar
- Fever and febrile seizure
- Injury Emergencies
- External bleeding
- Wounds including mouth, cheek, and tooth injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Head Neck and spinal injuries
- Broken bones and sprains
- Burns and electrical injuries
- Environmental emergencies
- Bites and Stings
- Heat-related emergencies
- Cold-related emergencies
- Poison emergencies
WHAT CERTIFICATION WILL YOU GET?
Students who successfully complete the online course and skills session will receive a Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid certificate, internationally recognized and valid for two years.
1. INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE
After having completed one of our American Heart Association courses, you will receive a pediatric first aid certificate of completion.
2. INTERNATIONAL COMPLETION CARD
Participants will be given an international pediatric first aid certificate card after the successful completion of the training. The validity of the Certificate is 2 years.
Excellent instructor for CPR for children, the whole experience was professional and friendly. I feel more confident to look after my new born baby now.